Sunday, March 10, 2013

Heart > Appearance

Why are we so judgmental? We, as a whole. The entire human race feeds off the flaws and imperfections of other people. I just want to know why. This isn't an ordinary blog I'm writing to encourage you to improve in a certain area of your life. I'm not sitting in front of my journal rereading old entries about what to write about for a blog. I'm just honestly tired of this constant battle. Why do we place SO MUCH emphasis on what other people think about us. I, personally, struggle with this every single day. I catch myself all the time saying "I just have zero confidence." As a Christian this should never be my response. EVER. But like clockwork someone says something to me about my outfit or what I was doing and my self esteem goes from 0 to negative 50 in seconds. And I'm sure I'm not the only girl that feels this way. But if I am that's completely fine too because it's a horrible feeling.
Here lately I have become so sensitive to comments girls make about each other. I've literally had to stop myself from staring blankly into the face of girls having conversations with each other around me. Like what joy does it bring us to bring others down? It drives me insane when girls "creep" on social media just to run to their friends and talk about what they saw. The way I look at that is one of two ways..it's either out of jealousy or envy.

Envy is the emotion when you want something that someone else has.

Jealousy is the emotion when you fear something or someone might be taken away from you. (Something could be as much as taking the spot light off of you and having it for themselves.)

If you are a born again Christian, and some of you might not be (if this is the case please talk to me about this because everything I'm about to say can pertain to you too), but if you are then there is no room in our hearts for this emotion. When we gave our lives to Christ, we received His spirit inside of us. He now lives IN us. The negative thoughts we have about ourselves and toward other people are not from our living God within us. They are strictly from satan. And satan does not control us unless we surrender our control to Him. The bottom line is, if you are not living for God and glorifying Him..then you are living for satan. Which lifestyle do you want to have to own up to the day Jesus comes back? My main point for this entire blog is to be loving, to love every single person you come into contact with as if they are fighting the same battle you are. And as a girl, there is a great chance we are all fighting the same battle or have at some point in our lives. Love Jesus love others right? Show love even when it's hard. Even when your by yourself and a negative thought about someone crosses your mind. In Jesus name get rid of that thought. (2 Corinthians 10:5.."and we take captive EVERY thought to make it obedient to Christ.") What goes through our mind on a daily basis is going to reflect into how we live our lives. Thank about Jesus and live like He did.


Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment